Old 05-10-2004, 11:30 PM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

In message , Brian Watson
writes

"ex WGS Hamm" wrote in message

"Brian Watson" wrote in message

"Paul Giverin" wrote in message
Hi there,

This year, after many years of threatening, I finally got a

greenhouse.

...The greenhouse is erected on a concrete plinth that
was previously used for an aviary. I felt (rightly or wrongly) that I
needed to do something to insulate the concrete because I though it
would be quite cold.

Psst. Carpet tiles.

harbour mould spores :0)

And bare concrete wouldn't?

A hard (ie, not earth) greenhouse floor should remain dry

Oh yeah, hands up those who floor stays dry? :-)

unless watering
the plants on benches or in the side beds splashes over.

1. never heard of 'damping down' - common practice to increase humidity
in hot weather.

2. the OP is going to have pots, presumably on the floor, where do you
think the water will drain out onto?

As others have said it'.s a waste of time with all that glass around
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ: