Old 06-10-2004, 12:01 PM
Klara

In message , Martin
writes
Half a life time ago, I had a development corporation flat in Cwmbran.
Half the wall area was single glazed glass. The only heating was a 2 KW
electric fire. In winter there was frost on the inside walls. I used to
run electric fire and the Baby Belling oven with the doors open to get
the temperature above freezing. I also gave a good proportion of my
salary to the electrickery company.

I first came to London from the States in the sixties, and a relative
rented me a room just under the rafters. There was one of those
tube-shaped electric fires, with an orange light bulb in the bottom; the
only 'heat' came from the bulb. It wasn't until I came back some years
later that I discovered that there is an element above the bulb, which
should have been working.
Still, I must have loved it - I'm still here!

--
Klara, Gatwick basin