Old 06-10-2004, 12:03 PM
Philip

Gary Davis wrote in message ...
On 10/2/04 11:16 PM, in article , "Franz
Heymann" wrote:

"oknwht?" wrote in message

[snip]

Will you actually give these vegetables to your kids? Your

friends? Your
parents? And you, yourself, will actually eat them?

Glyphosate is used commercially as a weedkiller on
millions of acres of agricuktural land all over the world

[snip]

Franz

Franz,
Would it be ok if I was to quote what you just said?
"It (Glyphosate) is used on millions of acres of agricultural land all
over the world"...
That must mean then, that lots of weed killer is being put into streams
all over the world....into lakes and ultimately the oceans...
What proof do you have that it is not? What proof do you have that it
will do no harm to anyone who eats the vegetables grown after it's use? You
defend it's use like you are a shareholder (of the manufacturer).
Twiggy made some good points, why did you snip them?
Someone suggested digging it in...a good organic idea-nothing wrong with
exercise, especially when it means one less pint of chemical put into the
environment.
Gary
Fort Langley, BC
Canada

Gary

I have read Franz' position on Glyphosate before and he is totally
consistent. I think his postion can be summarized as -

There is no scientific proof that Glyphosate harms the environment, no
proof that it enters to food chain and harms animals or people.
Therefore its OK.

On a separate but related point, last nights TV contained a
documentary on Vietnam. Part of it contained a visit to a hospital (I
think in Hanoi). One ward was full of disfigured children. The
disfigurations were blamed on Agent Orange, a defoliant used by the US
when they realised they could not win a jungle war.

Some of these children were 3rd generation, ie their grandparents were
exposed to Agent Orange.

Maybe this explains why I am NOT waiting for scientific proof.

Incidentally, the US have never admitted that the problems are as a
result of Agent Orange and no compensation has ever been paid to
victims, or assistance given to the Vietnamese authorities to help
with the care of the unfortunate victims.