Old 06-10-2004, 01:10 PM
sarah

Franz Heymann wrote:

"The Reids" wrote in message
As I negotiated the north circular this morning a voice on the
radio was saying something about outbreaks of salmonella being
caused by lettuce contaminated by manure.
Are there implications here for the home producer?

Of course. So much for organic gardening.

If you forgot the sarcasm, I apologise for the following:

Fool.

Manure is used by both organic and conventional systems. Salmonella is
present in most faeces, including those of wild birds. Which droppeth as
the gentle rain from heaven on organic and conventional produce alike.

regards
sarah

--
Think of it as evolution in action.