Old 06-10-2004, 02:28 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Paul D.Smith" contains these words:

Before you attach anything I want to warn you. If the shed is wood, you
will need to be able to get to the wood to treat with timber treatment

every
couple of years so make sure that the trelliss is removable and whatever

you
plant will not suffer from being detatched while on the trellis and placed
on the ground while you do what you need to do.
Depending what sort of thing you like to see growing, I have japanese ivy
over a pergola. It is very vigourous indeed, no flowers to speak of but

the
leaves turn a glorious red this time of year. Perhaps you could

intersperse
it with some kind of clematis?

Good point. I've seen systems where the trellis is hinged low down and the
top hooks onto the shed. Painting then involves gentle lowering the trellis
and painting or spraying behind it. Done carefully, you can avoid damaging
most plants this way.

You don't even have to drop it to the horizontal, but can prop it at an
angle, or hang it from the top of the shed wall.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/