Old 06-10-2004, 03:21 PM
Marty Haber

Sorry to hear about the hand surgery, Carol. Yes, your trees may be buried
in the manner described. The only reasons for not burying them early a
1. To prevent borers and slugs from imbedding themselves in the roots, and
2. To better harden-off the trees for the winter. May this be the least of
your problems!
Marty