Old 06-10-2004, 03:51 PM
Franz Heymann

"Jim Webster" wrote in message
On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 08:06:41 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"The Reids" wrote in message
.. .
As I negotiated the north circular this morning a voice on the
radio was saying something about outbreaks of salmonella being
caused by lettuce contaminated by manure.
Are there implications here for the home producer?

Of course. So much for organic gardening.

Franz Heymann

prat

That hardly counts as a reasoned response.
By the way, what do you think the bullshit sig essay below here
defines you as being?

Franz
--
*******************
*You can't win 'em all.*

Newsgroup ettiquette
1) Tell everyone the Trolls don't bother you.
2) Say you've killfiled them, yet continue to respond.
3) Tell other people off who repsond despite doing so yourself.
4) Continually talk about Trolls while maintaining
they're having no effect.
5) Publicly post killfile rules so the Trolls know
how to avoid them.
6) Make lame legal threats and other barrel scraping
manoeuvres when your abuse reports are ignored.
7) Eat vast quantities of pies.
8) Forget to brush your teeth for several decades.
9) Help a demon.local poster with their email while
secretly reading it.
10) Pretend you're a hard ******* when in fact you're
as bent as a roundabout.
11) Become the laughing stock of Usenet like Mabbet
12) Die of old age
13) Keep paying Dr Chartham his fees and hope one day you
will have a penis the girls can see.

We have received an allegation that you have posted an article/s to
newsgroups

demon.local,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.pol itics.animals,

uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.birdwatching,sc ot.birds,uk.rec.gard
ening,

uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse,sci. agriculture.poultry
and others] which our external

solicitors
believe to bear a defamatory meaning and as such we have had to

remove
the article from our servers.

The part in question is the comment "Pete is a fraud, a liar and
a cheat." as well as some other comments in your article.

We cannot and do not make any judgement as to whether such material

is
defensible. However, the state of the law at the moment means that

if
we are put on notice that defamatory material is being published

through
our systems, Thus plc may be liable for damages, along with you, if

it
does not take action to prevent that material being published. Those
damages could be substantial and we could both incur heavy legal
expenses.

In addition, the current state of the law could leave Thus plc
liable if it failed to take action and you disseminated any further
material through our systems which was later found to be defamatory.

While we do not necessarily agree with the current legal position we
must accept it, and have therefore removed the posting in question.

Please reply to this email acknowledging that you understand the

problem
and that you will not, in future, publish further material which
could be considered defamatory of Pete through Demon's systems.

We attach below a suggested form of acknowledgement for your
convenience.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RECEIPT

I acknowledge receipt of your email and confirm that I understand

your
explanation of the legal situation regarding material which is
considered defamatory.

I confirm that I will not publish such material in future using my

Demon
service, and will not publish further material which could be

considered
defamatory of Pete.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Demon Legal Team.

FAIR USE NOTICE: This article may contain copyrighted material the

use of
which may or may not have been specifically authorized by the

copyright
owner. This material is being made available in efforts to advance

the
democratic, scientific, social, and cultural, etc., issues. It is

believed
that this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material

as
provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance

with Title
17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed

without
profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the

included
information for research, comment, discussion and educational

purposes by
subscribing to USENET newsgroups or visiting web sites. For more

information
go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.