Old 06-10-2004, 03:51 PM
Franz Heymann

"Martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 08:26:43 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Gary Davis" wrote in message
On 10/2/04 11:16 PM, in article

,

snip

Someone suggested digging it in...a good organic idea-nothing

wrong with
exercise, especially when it means one less pint of chemical put

into the
environment.

I have no objection to that. I also have no objection to eating

it.

By the way, do you have any data on the temperature at which
glyphosate decomposes? Do you know whether it survives a typical
cooking procedure?

What about the effect on rivers/streams of glyphosate that washes

off
the plants before it has decomposed?

It washes off the plant during the first rain after application, and
decomposes in the soil in a very brief time.
When I mentioned cooking, I had in mind the minuscule quantities which
may still have remained absorbed inside the vegetable.

Franz