Old 06-10-2004, 06:50 PM
Michael Persiano

Anil writes:

Ensure that the
Polythene Bag is of good quality and not punctured, otherwise the entire
humidity will escape. You can try this method on some ordinary cheap plant.

Anil Kaushik
Bonsai Club (India)
Chandigarh "The City Beautiful"

Anil:

I do not doubt that this works in your environment and with your indigenous species.

HOWEVER, this is not something that I would recommend for use with hardy species requiring a long period of dormancy. In particular, the clear plastic will result in freeze-thaw cycles if used in the northeastern US. The outcome is almost always root zone damage.

If anyone growing trees requiring dormancy is considering the use of plastic, use white co-poly plastic. This will allow for a mild increase in temperature on cold days, and a slow cool down at night.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++