Old 06-10-2004, 08:09 PM
Steve wachs

I am more concerned about my pots than I am about the trees. My trees are doing fine. Its the pots that suffer from sudden temperature changes. I kep trident maples in a greenohouse that is kept slightly above 32* f . If you keep anything outside i would just keep them in an area sheltered from the wind and I would bury the pots in fallen leaves. I would leave the plant exposed , but the pot completely covered. The decomposing leaves should maintain an even temperature around the pot.
The wind does more damage to my conifers than the cold weather. the cold is more damaging to my pots. I care for my trees accordingly

--
SteveW
Long Island NY

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++