Old 06-10-2004, 10:15 PM
Natty_Dread

Default Camellia in bloom now?

Hi all -- I have a camellia in my southern-facing front yard which has just
begun to bloom. In the three years since I planted the bush, it's never had
flowers on it this early in the season-- it's always started blooming in
December or early January and the blooms have ended up dying on the bush
because we've had a bad frost or a snowstorm right as they begin to open.
I'm in Alexandria, VA, USDA Zone 7; is this usual? I'm glad it's blooming
now because I'll actually be able to appreciate the flowers, just I'm just
surprised. Has anyone else had this experience?

Rhonda
Alexandria, VA
Zone 7

*********