Old 06-10-2004, 06:35 PM
Bill

Hi Ken:

Here is a good place to start:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=Google+Search

Bill

Kenneth D. Schillinger wrote:

Hi,
My name is Ken, and I have been on this group for a few years but have
seldom posted.
I am located in the PNW marine zone 8 or 9 depending upon whom you ask.
This year my health finally deteriorated to the point where I am no longer
able to follow my chosen career (seaman) so I will be spending much more
time gardening.
As a youngster my family grew all of our family's vegetables for the year
and canned them. I am hoping to return to that practice.
I am currently fencing in an area roughly 60' X 200' and doing a fall
tilling, (unfortunately my Gravley needs attention, but that is another
issue).
What I would like now is some garden software to help design a garden,
taking into account such things as companion planting, and calculate the
necessary planting required for probable yield.
I would also like to more or less follow organic procedures.
To that end all software suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Ken.