Old 04-10-2004, 10:51 PM
Kenni Judd

My last "real" hurricane [before Frances and Jeanne] was in 1964 -- Cleo,
when I was in Ft. Lauderdale --and I have to tell you, these storms a lot
easier to deal with when you're a child. During Cleo,I slept through the
actual storm, rejoiced that school was cancelled for several days, enjoyed
having dry Sugar Smacks for lunch while the power was out for many days
afterward, and didn't have to worry about paying for the repairs. [I think
my allowance back then was about 50 cents a week, wouldn't've gone far G].

Yes, I know, we had Irene a few years ago but that was a nit; it's still
debated whether that was even a Cat 1 when it made landfall, and I'm sure it
wasn't by the time it got here. So I'm not even counting it.

Having now had 2 in 3 weeks, I sincerely hope we have at least another 40,
and preferably 80, years before the next one.

I hope the group won't be offended by a reminder that those of us
professional growers affected by these storms [along with those affected by
Charley and Ivan] really need your business right now. We're facing stiff
repair bills on top of a month of virtually no sales due to the hurricanes.
So if you're thinking that you're doing us a favor by leaving us alone to do
repairs -- please, re-think, and dust off your wish list! One of us _must_
have something you've been lusting after, and for those of you up north, now
is the time, rather than later in the year when your cold weather may
prevent shipping.
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
ink.net...
I hope everyone is back to normal soon & remember: no more greenhouses &

shadehouses--- Atomic Bomb shelters with auto water-humidifiers &
metal halide lighting!!! Good Luck to all, Bill

LOL, glad to hear from you, Bill. No bomb shelters for us here - Florida

is
still Paradise, albeit Paradise Lost for the past month or so. Remember

that
this area has not seen something like this since the 1940's, and hey - we
could be living in Washington and waiting out Mt. St. Helens!

Diana (Sorry. Forever optimistic.)