Old 07-10-2004, 12:44 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 Derek Broughton wrote:

It's called the "smoking louse", and it is actually H. Sapiens and H.
Erectus that are involved. I didn't get all the details, but the point was
that head lice are _extremely_ specialized parasites. You can catch head
lice from another person a lot more easily than sleeping in the same bed,
but I believe they said that you can't catch head lice from a chimpanzee.

Their theory wasn't that the two species had had sex, just that they had to
have lived in close enough proximity to pass each other the lice, and that
they had to be genetically close enough to share the parasite.

Right, so to check into it further, regarding hanky panky, they going to
see if crabs show the similar signs as the head lice. Pretty interesting
around about way to figure out what possibly happened long ago and far
away.

Personally, besides the solid evidence of Monday Night Football, we also
have the nervous sheep in Nevada. ;o) ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~