Old 06-10-2004, 11:26 PM
kateh

"Chris Hogg" wrote ...
"kateh" wrote:
Hi Folks,
Anybody here grown dierama (Angel's Fishing Rods)?
(snipped)

IME they like plenty of sun and a well-drained, even gritty soil, but
otherwise they're not fussy, except that after they've established,
they don't like being moved. That said, I moved several clumps last
Spring, but dug them up as a solid block of soil, a spade's width and
depth, so they never knew they'd been disturbed, and they've
re-established well. Your raised bed sounds fine. Slugs don't seem to
be a problem. The long, narrow leaves are quite tough.

Thanks Chris and Janet, appreciate the advice! They arrived today and have
planted them in the raised beds. I ran across the dierama in Ireland last
summer and no one here (Washington state) had heard of it.
Nice to hear from folks who've grown it.
Kate(thanks!)H