Old 07-10-2004, 03:27 AM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 20:08:16 -0400, "Steve Orth"
wrote:

I grew something called Pumpkin Peppers this year - and just wonder what the
heck these things are? I can't believe they're actually a pepper -
certainly aren't a pumpkin.

What's the plant look like? Have you tried cutting one and seeing
what the flesh looks like?

There is a pepper called a pumpkin pepper, supposedly it's for
using in crafts.

I get the feeling this plant is a genetic
mutation created in the secret labs of the flea beetles - I've never grown
ANYTHING the FBs like so much. I now have dozens of the "peppers" and
wonder if I must put them in a dehydrator to dry, let them dry on the vine,
in the barn...?

I would think the dehydrator would be a better choice, but that's
just a guess. I've never grown them.

Why did you grow them?

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"