Old 07-10-2004, 10:44 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Shirley Hicks said:

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 04:59:53 -0500, (Pat
Kiewicz) wrote:

While we're at it we should pick a derogatory name for the widely introduced
Canada geese that are pooping all over the parks these days.

Dinner.

Suits me! They have a special hunting season here for the local non-migrating
introduced geese.

And get some swans. They compete territorially with the gueese, and
will chase them away.

I know. I am thoroughly shocked that anyone would ever harass swans,
but it has happened locally. They chase off the geese and jet skiers.
What's not to love??

Shirley Hicks, in Toronto, overlooking a Humber River marsh where the
swans have done just that. The flock moved up to the park up river,
and onto the local apartment buiding roofs. Now have to kick gueese
out of the way when running in the 'hood.

My daughter wrote a very good poem for her lit class about the geese that
infest and crap all over her high school campus...

(attributed to Don Marti)