Old 07-10-2004, 01:00 PM
David

Hi,
I would have thought that a 5 foot fence would be 5 foot, irrespective
of where it's measured from. If due to differences in ground levels it
appears higher (or lower) from one vantage point to another it still is a "5
foot fence". However, depending on the type of fence, the post height can
often be a lot lower than the finished height of the fence (particularly if
rails are being used).
Remember though, you are the customer, if you are not happy, tell them!

good luck,

David
"image165" wrote in message

Hi,

I have an URGENT question that I need answering. I asked a fencer to
construct a new 5 foot fence in my garden. So far he has put up the
vertical posts, but he has measured the 5 foot from my neighbour's
garden! So, when completed, the fence will actually be 4 foot.

What can I do? Can I ask him to take everything down and start again?
If you asked someone to build a 5 foot fence in YOUR garden, you'd
expect that to be measured from in YOUR garden, wouldn't you?

--
image165