Old 07-10-2004, 01:54 PM
Philip

image165 wrote in message ...
Hi,

I have an URGENT question that I need answering. I asked a fencer to
construct a new 5 foot fence in my garden. So far he has put up the
vertical posts, but he has measured the 5 foot from my neighbour's
garden! So, when completed, the fence will actually be 4 foot.

What can I do? Can I ask him to take everything down and start again?
If you asked someone to build a 5 foot fence in YOUR garden, you'd
expect that to be measured from in YOUR garden, wouldn't you?

Are you pulling our collective todgers here? Just in case you are not
here is my advice. I would tell the fence builder to stop work,
because you are not happy and there for not going to pay. You must be
on quite a slope if there is a foot difference between yours and your
neighbours garden.