Old 07-10-2004, 08:05 PM
Shell

We don't have hedgehogs where I am (that I know of) in Houston but I believe
they eat bugs mostly. Not sure if they eat plants or not.

The only role that I know of for the slug or snail is to munch on the plants
and buds you most like. Sluggo is a good remedy for them, although it may
take more than one treatment. Sluggo is also pet friendly.

Personally I would leave the hedgehog alone and kill off the slugs and
snails. Unless I heard right and hedgehogs eat those too.

Shell

"St. George" St. wrote in message
Hi,

Probably an old Chestnut but am new to this N.G.

Could someone please advise if hedgehogs should be encouraged or

discouraged
in the garden.

Also what is the role of the snail and slug ?

Thank you in anticipation,

Happppppppppppppppy Everythings,

LenBo, Weston-SUPER-Mare

---