Old 07-10-2004, 07:18 PM
Archimedes Plutonium

Thu, 07 Oct 2004 12:59:54 -0500 Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
(all snipped except)

Water movement explains the variability.

It maybe something in the sap of the tree as it starts its Autumn migration and hibernation for winter.

So I need some chemical compound in photosynthesis of tree leaves (amur maples in particular) and I
need both sap and water as to how sap and water can alter the visual appearance of this chemical
compound from green to purple to yellow to red to brown.

It maybe how fast the sap migrates out of the tree. Or water migration. Or both sap and water. It maybe
the sap itself is the color determinant.

But it is obvious that sap and water are the key determinants because the explanation of why a amur
maple has fringed red on its outermost leaves. Fringing is a pattern that follows the sap and water
movement.

Chris, you have not done too well on this discussion and in fact done very poorly. So let me ask you a
new question. Do plants and trees prefer or is it in their interest or to their advantage to have a wet
Autumn considering that they are readying themselves for sap migration and hibernation for the winter.
So do they prefer a "dry Fall" or do they prefer a wet Fall?

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies