Old 05-10-2004, 10:30 PM
Paul Luton

In message
"ex WGS Hamm" wrote:

"zippo4" wrote in message

Can anyone suggest a good mixture of climbing plants and or border
shrubs (I think I've got those terms correct??) that will offer the
following

1. Will soften the look of the shed.
2. Will provide year round colour/interest.
3. Will be fragrant?
4. Will attract insects/wildlife.
5. Will be colourful (I like colour!!)

Pyracantha planted round the shed can be pruned back against it and will
have flowers in the spring and berries followed by blackbirds in the
winter. Honeysuckle will climb through.

Before you attach anything I want to warn you. If the shed is wood, you
will need to be able to get to the wood to treat with timber treatment every
couple of years

Our timber shed has been untreated for 15 years apart from refelting the
roof and is still sound.

Regards

Paul Luton

--
CTC Right to Ride Representative for Richmond upon Thames