Old 08-10-2004, 12:01 AM
WPB

Many thanks once again, Doug, for sharing your expertise. You obviously
know more about soil in one little finger than I know in my entire body.

I think that I'll be okay, though. The soil I've bought for many years is
very good (for Canadians, it's President's Choice Black Earth soil).
Everything grows well in it and it's not too heavy (a la brownies). Much
more "cakey." The soil that I removed (and threw down into a ravine behind
my new house) was quite sandy and rocky. Not good soil. At least to my
amateur's eye.

Anyway, Doug (and everyone) many thanks for your time and trouble. I bow
to your experience. I wish I could repay you for your helpful advice. If
you like art, then I invite you to visit my website, with the complete
works and letter of Vincent van Gogh, at www.vangoghgallery.com.

All the best!

David

"Doug Kanter" wrote in
:

David, if you haven't gone to the garden center for more soil yet,
DON'T. Unless there was something terribly wrong with your soil OTHER
THAN SNAILS, removing it is the worst thing you can do. Put back as
much of your old soil as possible. Why?