Old 08-10-2004, 02:06 AM
Roy

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 20:09:26 GMT, "AAALarry" wrote:

===What is the best product to adhere EPDM to a preformed pond? Please be
===specific.
===

I am not familiar with liner adhesives, but can say this on
preforms.....lots of luck finding anything thatw ill actually adhere
good or even fair to a preform. No solvent type adhesives aree made
that works on it, epoxies are ok up to a certainpoint and they will
eventually flake or spawl off the preform, and silicone, for what
its worth is prone to puilling away. Most preforms are made of PE or
PP plastics and they just do not lend themselves to bonding agents
very well. Its common practice in industry to hot air weld PE to PE or
PP to PP, but thats not possible to do with a liner. I just would not
trust any silicone or other adhesies to hold long term and not turn
into a problem.

I just bought tow preforms........one is a 90 gal kidney shape and the
other is a typical half barrel liner.......I have a 10 gal preform
that I want to replace with the 90, but the 90 does not have a
spillway, and I need a spillway to feed my waterfall, etc as I use
flow through filteration, as it eventually empties into my larger 1
acre pond...........I plan on cutting the spillway lip from the barrel
liner preform, and also cutting a section out of the 90 gal, and
using the piece cut out of the barrel preform attach it to the 90 gal
so I will have a spill way lip. I intend to hot air weld it in
place......I had thought of using silicone between the two pices, and
use some stainless steel fasteners to secure them, but the more I
thought about it, the more I am leaning to hot air welding of the
preforms together....So if some one else has any info on adhesives
that will work on a preform I am all ears as well...........I know
they make adhesives for liner materials, but its the preform where the
problems come into play!

Even GE, does not recomend using silicone on PP or PE materials if
your looking for a long term bond / seal.....
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.