Old 08-10-2004, 03:33 AM
Warren

"Doug Kanter" expounded:

Ann, have you tried breaking sod with it? What were the results? What
kind
of soil were you dealing with?

I'm not sure if you've already made-up your mind on size or brand, but
this is the tiller I have:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...subcat=Tillers

I've ripped-up sod, I've prepared new beds, and I, of course, turn over
my vegetable bed each year.

It's a little bigger than you may want, and it's no good at all for
cultivating between rows, but when I chose mine, I wasn't looking for
something to cultivate, which isn't that big of a deal physically. I was
looking for some way to save my back from having to do a lot of digging.
I'm very satisfied that I fulfilled my goal effectively, and
economically.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: Fahrenheit 9/11 ships 10/5. Order your copy now:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/911.html