Old 08-10-2004, 03:32 AM
Glenna Rose

Default Snails, Slugs, Hedgehogs etc.

writes:
Mannnnnnny thanks for your interesting and prompt response.

Thanks a bunch.

However would prefer not to use pellets as I would not wish anything
similar
to happen to me.

Use beer, Budweiser is the best. Yeast water is also supposed to work,
but I've had much better luck when I've spent the bucks on Bud. I hate to
kill things but figure they die happy; they're drunk, after all, right?

I save some pop cans to distribute 1/4 can of beer about the garden
during the gardening year, then drop the entire can (usually with several
slugs in the garbage can). Winter time, my chickens take care of them
very well, leaving very few behind to invade anything during the growing
season. This year, I didn't put anything out for the slugs and saw very
few signs of any. Just now, some very little ones are showing up here and
there, but sooooo are the chickens!

Glenna