Old 08-10-2004, 05:19 AM
Elaine Jackson

Far out!! Thanks very much for telling me about this! I would like to find out
what's known and/or speculated about an evolutionary explanation for the fact
that most organisms have a finite lifespan even (presumably) under ideal
conditions. Can you point me toward any references?

Thanks again for the thought-provoking information you've already provided.

Peace

om...

| From what I understand (to save time let's agree that this qualification
applies
| to all of what follows), there are certain plants that have a finite
lifespan
| built into them: they go to seed and then they die. (Incidental question:
does