Old 08-10-2004, 07:48 AM
Neil Tonks

"Alan Gould" wrote in message
In article , Rod rodcraddoc
writes
Since they were owned by Unwins, they must now be owned by Westland
unless they were sold off separately when Westland bought Unwins. Can
you shed any light on this Alan?

None at all about the structural side of the business I'm afraid.
I can tell you that the 88 page 2005 Marshalls Catalogue is a continuing
improvement on their previous excellent work for kitchen gardeners in
particular and for all gardeners generally. Free copy from:

Marshalls Customer Services: 01 945 583 235
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.

I found out yeaterday that the mail order part of Woolmans, the
chrysanthemum nursery, has been sold to Kings Lynn-based Eastfields. I
beleieve Woolmans was also part of the Unwins 'empire'.

Now, Eastfields also operate "The Fruit and Vegetable Company", which is
where Marshalls' ex general manager has reappeared.

Lots of buying and selling going on in that part of the world at the moment,
it seems!

Incidentally, a Companies House internet search on "S E Marshall & Co Ltd"
returns a note that the company is incorporated in Northern Ireland!

Neil.