Old 08-10-2004, 12:16 PM
Stephen Howard

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 10:36:52 +0100, Victoria Clare
wrote:

Stephen Howard wrote in
:

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 20:03:38 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"St. George" St. wrote in message
Hi,

Probably an old Chestnut but am new to this N.G.

Could someone please advise if hedgehogs should be encouraged or
discouraged
in the garden.

Yes, if there are no dogs in the garden

Dog's don't seem to be a problem - I've got two, and plenty of
hedgehogs.
Admittedly they're small dogs ( terriers ), but the chap just up the
lane has four big dogs, and he still has hedgehogs.

Depends on the dog. We once had a collie x labrador that had a thing for
hedgehogs and would crunch them up spines and all. He was totally cat and
rabbit safe, but you really had to watch him in the mornings and early
evenings when the hedgehogs were about.

You sure that was a dog?? No scales...long tail...BIG teeth??

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk