Old 08-10-2004, 01:29 PM
Doug Kanter

"Warren" wrote in message
news:C%m9d.88197$He1.34652@attbi_s01...
"Doug Kanter" expounded:

Ann, have you tried breaking sod with it? What were the results? What
kind
of soil were you dealing with?

I'm not sure if you've already made-up your mind on size or brand, but
this is the tiller I have:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...subcat=Tillers

I've ripped-up sod, I've prepared new beds, and I, of course, turn over
my vegetable bed each year.

It's a little bigger than you may want, and it's no good at all for
cultivating between rows, but when I chose mine, I wasn't looking for
something to cultivate, which isn't that big of a deal physically. I was
looking for some way to save my back from having to do a lot of digging.
I'm very satisfied that I fulfilled my goal effectively, and
economically.

--
Warren H.

Looks like an interesting machine. But, I may have found a solution. I had a
stroke of genius (duh!) yesterday and called the yard equipment place where
I bought my lawnmower. They sell tillers, and were able to recommend a
person who offers tilling as a service. I don't know why it took me a week
to think of this.