Old 08-10-2004, 08:32 PM
Cereus-validus

I agree, Iris.

Every plant does indeed have its own story!

Rinkytink is just being his same old obnoxious troll self again. He's very
verbose for someone with nothing to say.

"Iris Cohen" wrote in message
Enough, already! I got the story, in painful detail on the orchid group.

The
genus (monotypic) is indeed well-named. The flowers have several built-in
insect barriers and are apparently self-pollinated. End of story.
A lot of plants have funny names, beginning with the obsolete orchid genus

Aa.
There is a story to go with each one of them.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)