Old 08-10-2004, 06:38 PM
Sacha

On 8/10/04 2:45 pm, in article , "Cat"
wrote:

snip
Sorry for being so ignorant, but I assume now is an OK time to plant trees?
Or should I wait longer, bearing in mind that the trees in question are
currently in pots (at a wild guess 1 or 2 l pots)

Yes is the answer. In theory, container grown plants can be planted at any
time of the year; bare root plants are safest planted in autumn.
While lack of rain is not likely to be a problem, mini droughts can occur in
October in parts of UK, so don't let the tree dry out. Dig a hole a little
wider than the tree's roots and no deeper than the current soil mark on its
trunk. In an ideal world, don't let grass or weeds grow up to the trunk for
a year or two and keep it well watered.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk