Old 09-10-2004, 01:34 AM
Cereus-validus

Considering your poor grasp of the English language, it would be more like
you only understood "only one word in twenty or one word in a hundred" and
the rest went way over your pointy head!!!

The publish or perish philosophy of many universities is another matter
altogether. Have seen many **** poor badly written papers by academics
published in scientific journals that were much ado about nothing. Many seem
to spend more time thinking up arcane jargon or cruising Roget's Thesaurus
than doing actual research.

"P van Rijckevorsel" wrote in message
Cereus-validus schreef
You obviously never had to write an article for a newsletter or anything
else. There is always a story to tell if you research your topic well
enough.

***
Well, I have certainly learned to sift through newsletters and recognize

the
stories where I need read only one word in twenty or one word in a hundred
to get a complete picture of what the author knows. An immense waste of
paper.
PvR