Old 08-10-2004, 10:54 PM
Pam Croxton

Hedgehogs should be encouraged as they are the gardeners friend, they eat
bugs etc. Snails and slugs I am not so sure of.
We encourage and feed hedgehogs, the same as lace wings they do a lot of
good in the garden and as much as possible we plant herbs and flowers such
as marigolds that discourage insects rather then using insecticides.

Enjoy your garden and the wild life that goes with it.
pam
"St. George" St. wrote in message
Hi,

Probably an old Chestnut but am new to this N.G.

Could someone please advise if hedgehogs should be encouraged or

discouraged
in the garden.

Also what is the role of the snail and slug ?

Thank you in anticipation,

Happppppppppppppppy Everythings,

LenBo, Weston-SUPER-Mare