Old 09-10-2004, 07:16 AM
SJF

"Sterling" wrote in message

http://www.gardeners.com/Shopping/se...eptPGID=&lstCa
tegory=&image=32%2D933%5Fa%2Ejpg&flash=

Anybody tried this or any other kind?

Get about a billion leaves every fall and I have a blower that converts
to a mulch/vac with a bag but it fills up so fast.

I'd like something that can take the odd pinecone or sweet gum seed ball
without croaking. If it could chew up ivy, that would be ideal. I don't
need it to do limbs or sticks.

Any input appreciated.

My rotary lawn mower does a good job. I usually just mulch the leaves back
into the lawn each week or so as they are falling. Not familiar with sweet
gum seed balls but it does a fair job grinding fallen pomegranates. For a
heavy accumulation of leaves, I used to pick up and bag them with the mower
(rear bagger with a large bag). With that shredder you'd still have to rake
them up.