Old 06-10-2004, 06:15 PM
George

"Crashj" wrote in message
On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 03:51:13 -0400, "George" wrote:
"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
George wrote:

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message

Recent genetic evidence suggests that Neanderthal never interbred with
modern humans. The DNA is too dissimilar.

Yeah, I never believed it either :-)

Oh, that has been one of the standard arguments for quite some time. And some
still hold to it. Truth be told, I don't think all of the evidence completely
eliminates the possiblity, but the DNA evidence is pretty convincing.

Well, according to Science Daily we got close enough to catch crabs
from them.
http://snipurl.com/9kci
or head lice at least.
Crashj "Uggh, I don't see how you could be attracted to those lousey
N'andy girls!" Johnson
--
Crashj

You can get head lice from sleeping in the same place where someone who has them
last slept. And just because people have slept in the same place, doesn't mean
that those persons had sex together. The fact is that the DNA doesn't indicate
that there is a close genetic link between the two species.