Old 09-10-2004, 01:54 PM
escapee

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 00:48:36 -0500, (rosemarie face) opined:

Hi everyone !
This year for the first time I had a bed of Cannas in my garden . How do
I store them for winter ?? I have read up on it a little and it said to
store them in peat moss . My dilemma is that I can't find any in any
stores around here . Are there other alternatives ? I want to store
them in my basement . Please help !
Thanks ! Rosie z5

Get some large crates which fruit comes in from the grocery store. Dig out the
cannas, soil and all and store them in the basement in that soil. You don't have
to use peat moss. Ordinary garden soil which is on them now will be fine. I
stored mine that way for decades. Now I live in Texas and we don't have to lift
them.