Old 09-10-2004, 03:19 PM
Mike Lyle

yves wrote:
Good Evening,

Just a silly question: Is it easy to find apple rootstock for sell

in
UK? I mean for a "private individual"...I don't need a "500 pieces"
bunch..
I have been looking for such provider in France without success

even
if I can buy any imaginable grafted apple tree without any problem.

I have done a google research and so far my only finding was a

german
producer selling english rootstock (east malling) in his
french/english/german web site: nothing in France, nothing in Great
Britain so far...

Not a silly question at all. In case you haven't found it yourself,
have a look at the following list:

http://www.plant-seed-mailorder.org.uk/top_fruit.html

I'm not quite sure, but I think Deacon's Nurseries may have what you
want: they haven't got a working website, but there's an email
address.

Have you tried the RHS Plant Finder?

Mike.