Old 10-10-2004, 07:46 AM
Franz Heymann

"Christopher Green" wrote in message
On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 15:42:48 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Christopher Green" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 08:27:59 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Ray Drouillard" wrote in message

"Stan Goodman" wrote in message
On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 14:28:18 UTC, "Ray Drouillard"

opined:

"Stan Goodman" wrote in

message
On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 23:17:41 UTC,

(paghat)
opined:

In article uViCr8LlbtmJ-pn2-udOV900dMXzb@poblano,

"Stan
Goodman"
wrote:

A slug is a naked snail.

Ha-cha-cha-cha.

That's exactly what a slug is. The only difference

between
the
two
is
the
shell. Whether that qualifies slugs to appear in
rec.gardens.EDIBLE is
question I can't answer.

Well... a slug is EDIBLE, and can be found in your garden.

Thank you; now I know. Please feel free to help yourself.

Sorry. Snails are unclean.

What does "unclean" mean?
If I understand it correctly, edible snails are fed on bran or
suchlike for a couple of days before being dished up at a meal.

Franz

Not kosher. Treyf. An abomination. Not acceptable as food to

observant
Jews. (Lev. 11:42, "You shall not eat... anything that crawls on

its
belly...")

But most of the world do not follow the outdated Mosaic laws.

Franz

That is why I wrote "to observant Jews".

Indeed, After I had commented originally.

Franz