Old 10-10-2004, 10:38 AM
alan holmes

"redclay" wrote in message

martin wrote in message
On Thu, 27 May 2004 00:44:51 +0100, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:
squirrels ... the only way to
stop them is to trap them and dispose of them.
By eating them.
I've never felt there was enough meat on them to even try.

I'm not sure how readily available rat poison such as Decon is in the UK
but
in suburban America a great number of people put it out for the tree rats,
incorrectly called gray squirrels. For that reason I use them as
fertilizer
for my irises and roses. Trap, shoot and bury is the only way to
eliminate
the problem.

Would they be suitable as fertilizer for any other crop?

At present I leave them out for the foxes.

Alan

--
Reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net