Old 10-10-2004, 12:49 PM
ex WGS Hamm

"James" wrote in message
Ok, so what is your favourite flower, and why?

Hmm.
Probably nasturtium. Comes in a variety of shades , bright and colourful
thus cheering me up, good ground cover or climber, edible, attractive leaves
reminiscent of water lilys.
I love to see a deep bank of nasturtiums. Sure the catterpillars get 'em
eventually but after they have been eaten and the caterpillars pupate,
another crop comes up. Once you plant them you will always have them so they
are cost effective too.
Yup nasturtium is my favourite garden flower.
2nd favourite is lupin. I like to see dozens of lupins growing in a bed, all
different colours. I can never have too many lupins or nasturtiums.