Old 10-10-2004, 06:44 PM
ZZBunker

Archimedes Plutonium wrote in message ...
What prompted this question? Well recently I bought some lumber of white
ash, plus hickory plus white oak and various others. I do not believe
the data on strength of wood is accurate and am wanting to test these
woods myself. I believe oak is stronger than hickory. I believe the
strength of hickory is a sales hype. The reason I say this is because in
history trebuchets were built out of oak and not hickory even though
England had hickory species and ash species. And because the growth
pattern of oaks allows horizontal branches which means the wood has to
be tougher and stronger to grow horizontal. I also want to test spruce
for strength because a spruce bears the full force of wind so its wood
must be strong.

But the question that rose in my mind is whether GreenAsh came first in
geologic history or whether WhiteAsh and which mutated and gave rise to
the other?

I accept Darwin Evolution theory only as a algorithm or rule and not as
a theory. Let me call it the Darwin-Evolution-Rule. So according to that
Rule, which of the ashes existed first? Was it GreenAsh that mutated to
create the WhiteAsh species or vice versa?

That's a good thing, since that's what Darwin eventually
accepted it as. After he rediscovered that Galopagos
Turtle and Albatros eggs, are not only not warm-blooded,
or mammals, they are like many trees, and philosphers of evolution:

Tepid, Flaky, and lost in the woods, unscientific,
memoryless, and stupid. Since neither trees
not grasses have cells, like the evolutionary bacteria
that eats then do. They have very abrasive cellulose.

And the reason that the data on both ash and hickory
is incomplete, and will remain forver incomplete
is for the reason that trees have no strength.
They have a rigidity index, that allows them to survive on
the slopes of volcanoes. Which is why they are the
only things on Earth that are as old as rock jokes
and volcanoes. Since trees are just like grasses,
they don't evolve. They go whereever the wind
pushes and pulls them. Be it solar wind, or atmospheric wind.
And they are no more evolutionary advanced than
the granite and sandstone rocks that they roost on.

If I had to guess I would say the WhiteAsh came first and gave rise to
the GreenAsh and I would guess that because the GreenAsh has a wider
range of habitat. Because in the Rule of its survival of the fittest it
is less likely for a species to give rise to a weaker species that
thence increases its range of habitat. Based on *likelihood*.

But ash are not really trees. They are strains, or hybrids
of trees. Since they are some of the few species
of trees, that their bark is infinately more valuable
than their leaves.