Old 10-10-2004, 05:36 PM
Trevor Appleton

"Thomas" wrote in message
I know nothing about gardening, but there are two sets of (wild?)
flowers/plants just behind my garden fence, and I was wondering if someone
could put a name to them, please. The photos aren't the best quality, but
hopefully they can be identified easily. I live on the outskirts of
London,
if my location is needed.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.aoqs33.dsl.pipex.com/plant1.jpg

http://www.aoqs33.dsl.pipex.com/plant2.jpg

Thomas

Plant 2 is an invasive alien Purple Loosestrife. I was given it in a
'Cottage Garden Mix' packet of seeds. Considering its causing so much
trouble in conservation wetlands, it does amazingly well in my dry chalky
gravelly dry soil. I have it everywhere!

2.7 million seeds per plant per year aint bad going!

http://www.bruderhof.co.uk/articles/...oosestrife.htm