Old 10-10-2004, 06:02 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
wrote:
Earlier this year I asked for some advice on
growing Mandevilla. I now have a plant in my conservatory about 6ft tall and
3ft wide covered in bloom. I'm wondering how I can overwinter it.?

Dunno, but I have a Mandevilla boliviensis that I hope to keep
going :-)

My guess is that it shouldn't be much trouble, provided that your
conservatory stays comfortably above freezing. As I understand it,
Mandevilla laxa is nearly as hardy as Passiflora caerula, but is
rather more sensitive to waterlogging in winter, and Mandevilla
boliviensis is happy as long as not waterlogged and above about
2 Celcius.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.