Old 10-10-2004, 08:01 PM
Kay

In article -service-com, Trevor
Appleton writes

"Thomas" wrote in message
I know nothing about gardening, but there are two sets of (wild?)
flowers/plants just behind my garden fence, and I was wondering if someone
could put a name to them, please. The photos aren't the best quality, but
hopefully they can be identified easily. I live on the outskirts of
London,
if my location is needed.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.aoqs33.dsl.pipex.com/plant1.jpg

http://www.aoqs33.dsl.pipex.com/plant2.jpg

Thomas

Plant 2 is an invasive alien Purple Loosestrife.

If by Purple Loosestrife you mean Lythrum salicaria, then the leaves are
too narrow and smooth. I agree the flower spike is similar, but I took
the flowers to be snapdragon type (it's difficult to see this detail on
the photo) in which case it wouldn't be a Lythrum.

--
Kay