Old 10-10-2004, 11:00 PM
FF

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 12:25:10 +0100, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message
from Kay contains these words:
"margthompson" wrote in message

Just recently had a good Snail-hunt. Garden was host to many
families of them. Took the trouble to pick them all off, took
them all (about 35

35!!! - you weren't really trying, were you?

Even a moderately efficient snail hunt should net over a hundred.

You
don't really have a snail problem ;-)

If I liked escargots I could give up buying other sources of

protein.
In less pecunious moments - er - periods, I have thought of turning
them into rissoles, sausages, sweet-and-sour snailballs, spaghetti
gasteropodi, etc.

I could have gone out and collected a bucketful last week, before I
pulled the ivy off the end of the house. Now I might only gind a
gallon or so...

Serious question: why _don't_ we fancy eating our home-grown snails?
I've asked myself many times over the years; but have never received
the reply "Well, go on, then."

Mike.

Legend has it there used to be an old man who came round this street
collecting them to eat. I think that was in the 1970's though.

Liz