Old 10-10-2004, 10:18 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Kay contains these words:

If by Purple Loosestrife you mean Lythrum salicaria, then the leaves are
too narrow and smooth. I agree the flower spike is similar, but I took
the flowers to be snapdragon type (it's difficult to see this detail on
the photo) in which case it wouldn't be a Lythrum.

That's what I thought at first, but the pic is a bit fuzzy and I'm not
sure the flowers are snapdragony. I have Lithrum purpurea in the garden,
and the flower spikes are not so - so - ample.

Of course, there may be a cultivated variety of that.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/