Old 11-10-2004, 12:35 AM
hippy gardener

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 21:28:31 GMT, "Warren"
wrote:

Okay. That's interesting. Trivial, but interesting.

But we're not talking about finding a way to keep cats from shitting. We
were originally talking about getting them to shit someplace else. And
in that someplace else, the risks of parasites and disease are the same.

The risk to my house cats who are let out on leashes per many city
statutes ARE at risk

But if you want to veer off onto the subject of composting the cat
waste, similar tirades could be made about any animal waste. You
wouldn't want your pregnant wife playing with cow shit, either. A major
source of contamination that makes ground water non-potable is farm
animal shit, yet we still use composted manures on our gardens.

I don't want to compost your cats shit and I don't often have cows in
my yard!

Soil itself harbors plenty of parasites. Perhaps we should find a way to
stop all animals from shitting, and then pave everything over so we
don't come in contact with the soil, either.

None have been identified to infect my animals

And it doesn't contribute to a solution, either. The discussion is about
how to deal with the shit that happens. I think we can all stipulate
that fresh shit is icky, but that doesn't get us anyplace closer to a
workable solution.

Send the ******* cats to a no kill shelter with a spay neuter
donation.

--