Old 11-10-2004, 01:00 AM
Suuzzee

Doug Kanter wrote in message

"Suuzzee" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote in message
Anyone have one? I'd appreciate comments pro or con. They're cheaper

than
renting one three times around here, and at least according to the

promo
material, they're much easier than trying to wrestle with the bigger

units.
I'll be using it to create a 40x40 vegetable garden, and as many

flower
beds
as I can find time to fiddle with.

Have had my Mantis for several years now and wouldn't part with it. I

have
absolutely horrid soil, very hard and has to be amended many times over
before things will grow. Have only run into one patch that we had to

get
out the farm tractor for, and that was a large garden that bulldozers

had
run over a number of times. Otherwise the Mantis does it all. It's

light
and easy to move about. It starts every time and I have had no problems
with it at all. In fact, my brother who is getting ready to open a
greenhouse business borrows my Mantis often instead of using his own

horse
of a tiller. And my cousin who is a professional grower uses Mantis
exclusively. BTW... I don't work for the company or anything. I'm a 58
year old flower fiend with arthritis. lol Suz

Do you or someone else take care of draining the gasoline before storing

the
tiller for the winter? Others have said they have problems starting the
engine after a year or so, which makes me wonder if they did the type of
maintenance required of ANY yard equipment.

Ayup. We always winterize our garden equipment at the end of each season.
The Mantis and the lawn mowers and the farm tractor ... all get cleaned and
drained or antifreezed or whatever they need. We aren't neatness nuts by
any means. It just makes sense to maintain equipment to make it last.
Suz