Old 11-10-2004, 01:04 AM
Suuzzee

Doug Kanter wrote in message

"Paul" wrote in message
"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
Others have said they have problems starting the
engine after a year or so, which makes me wonder if they did the type

of
maintenance required of ANY yard equipment.

That's an important point. Many people don't even like to read the

manuals.
Of course they are going to have problems starting the engine next

season.

I enjoy the tough little mantis. I actually used it for the initial
breaking of the sod on my garden. It got grass tangled around the tines

the
first time I tried it, but then I mowed the area short and the Mantis

chewed
through the clay like a champ. It also pulled up some substantial sized
rocks out of the planting bed. I started piling them up next to the 20

30
garden area and will have a good amount of nice looking river rock for
decorating.

Mine still starts on the first pull. All it takes is a few minutes of
maintenance, from time to time.

Paul

This is driving me nuts. Half the responses say to stay away from the

thing,
and the other half are like yours. :-) I **do** read instructions,

sometimes
multiple times. Maybe that's the key. And, my soil's not clay unless I go
down about 3 feet.

You can send it back within the first year if you don't like it. No
questions asked. This is why I purchased it in the first place.
Suz